Monday 28 May 2012

$5 Sundress


IMG_3263
IMG_3224

This was a supper fast and easy sundress to make.  I got a cheep tank top, it was only $4 from the the local department store, and an old bed sheet from the closet. 
The first thing you do is decide where you want your waist line to be, I did mine at more of an empire waist line (I find it more comfy not to have things floating around my natural waist).  So I put on my tank top and marked where I wanted the waist line.  Take it back off and cut along your markings, remember to leave a seam allowance.  The next thing was to cut the sheet to the length you want the skirt and sew the it into a tube.  Run some gathering stitches around the top of the skirt.


IMG_3226

Now pin the skirt to the tank top, and gather your stitches to fit.  On my waist band I also added a 1/4 inch wide elastic for a little extra give.  I’m notorious for tripping over skirts and closing them in doors and stuff.  Run it through the sewing machine, and then turn it right side out. This dress only used about half a queen flat sheet, and I used the finished edge around the bottom so I didn’t have to hem it up.  It cost less then $5 in materials and is really comfy to ware.

No comments:

Post a Comment