Saturday 12 May 2012

Regency Bib Front dress part IV


So the first sleeve look good on it’s own and the bodice was good on it's own and when the two where put together  it looked ok  (once I basted the sleeve in the right way) but when I tried it on on it was a no go.... there wasn’t enough ease around the arm.  And it needed more fabric through the under arm and around to the back.













So me pinning in the sleeve... the first time ...



Since it didn't fit right I decided to try adding a gusset to the under arm (that's where it popped its stitches)



Here I got the new sleeve with the gusset basted in, felt a lot better but still not right the should keeps sliding down my arm and it could use a little more ease around my arm.




So back to the drawing board I went and drafted out a new sleeve, third times a charm ... right ...   I have yet to cut this one out, I'll do it with a scrap piece of fabric this time (lesson learned .... the hard way...).


No comments:

Post a Comment