Tuesday 15 May 2012

Regency Bib Front Dress part V

 

IMG_3175

 

 

Well I’m not as far along as I would like to be but alas I have good news for this post …  I have fixed my issues on the sleeve, yah!!  I redrafted the sleeve over the weekend so today I cut out a mock up of the new sleeve and took it for a test drive, I could move my arm in all the directions its supposed  to move in, it didn’t pop any seams this time and is rather quite comfy.

Pictured below is the new sleeve shape in the mock up fabric, and a picture of the final before the pin tucks were done.

 

IMG_3170IMG_3177IMG_3171

 

 IMG_3201

IMG_3197So here we have it I’ve got the final sleeves basted in, And the bodice basted to the skirt.  The Bib is only pinned on for the moment I have a feeling that there will be some adjustments to be made here.

Thing that still need to be done on the dress…

I need to finish stitching the side openings, baste the bib to the skirt, find some thing to use for the dress ties,  place the loops for the ties on the back of the dress, and buttons for the bib.  And then once its all basted together I make sure it fits and run it through the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment