Friday 11 May 2012

Regency Under Pinnings

Pinned Image
 
So With not one but 2 regency dresses I think its time to consider some appropriate under pinnings, Yes we're talking a corset and a chemise.  I've already made myself a bodice petticoat when I made my 1805 dress.  But its time to get down to it and get the rest in the works.

 





Now the questions is short stays or the full length ones ??
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pinned ImagePinned ImagePinned Image

Pinned Image

 

I love the peach stays pictured above but I'm thinking that the short stays will do.  I'm going to draft them up based on my dress patterns and some light boning (aka cable ties) for the lift and separate part of the show.  :)

Side bar - Cable ties are cheaper then the boning from the fabric store and more supportive for the shall we say well endowed.  I'm not an extremely busty person but the light weight stuff from the fabric store just didn't stand up to any long term ware. So it will hopefully look something like the one pictured lower right ( I apologize I don’t recall who's blog this picture is from)
Regency Short Stays 003

 



 
 
 
 
Pinned ImagePinned Image 
The chemise will look pretty much like these one very blah but that's ok, function over form..... right??

For my shift I'm going to try and keep the sleeves pretty short so they'll fit under my 1805 dress, and narrow to fit under my Bib front dress.  I'm not sure how long I want to make it yet, but I'll probably keep it knee length.

I’ll have to play around with some design ideas for both the chemise and the stays and see what works for me.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment