Tuesday 1 May 2012

Works in Progress

This is a project currently on my to be done list, it's a pioneer dress for my youngest girl.  Hopefully I'll get it done in time for Halloween, I know it's only May but things have a tendency to get... shall we say pushed to the back burner.  It was supposed to be for my oldest girl but she out grew the pattern 2 years ago (that back burner thing) I  really have no excuse for my not getting it done two years ago.  I have every thing for right down to the thread and zipper all safely tucked away and altogether..


One of the other things Ive been up to on the costuming front is an 1810 ish ridding habit.  It has been my first run at draping on a dummy, and working with no pattern.  I have a toile done of the top half of the jumper and the spencer, and a finial of the chemisette.

















Now all I have to do is find some fabric that would suit the ridding habit.

I'm starting to think I would really like to make a bustle dress,  and/or an Edwardian dress (aka Titanic era) I found some great examples of some dresses from the house of Worth I like the red one is a 1910 evening dress and the pink one is another evening dress from about 1900.  And the purple dinner dress from about 1910 as well

Pinned ImagePinned ImagePinned Image



I also really like the look of the walking suits from that era as well.  the Blue is from about 1909, and the black and white pin strip (1910ish) reminds me of the walking suit Rose wears in Titanic, for good measure I put up a picture of Rose's boarding dress from the movie (1912).  I still love this dress I like the more fitted style coming out around 1912

Pinned ImagePinned ImagePinned Image



And then there's the bustle dresses, a marvel of construction ... so far my favourites are the burgundy one dated at about 1883, not to big a bustle on this one.  The Purple one has a definite bustle (1883) as well as the red one (1800)

Pinned ImagePinned ImagePinned Image



Ah well I suppose by the time I figure out what I want to make I'll change my mind, I still have a really soft sport for the regency period, and can feel another dress from the era coming on.  lol








No comments:

Post a Comment