Sunday 6 May 2012

Well Kiss My Grits !

 
 I've made some aprons this past week so I tought I would share.  The frist ones I did, I guess you would call a clothes pin apron.  They have the nice big kagroo pocket in the front.  Made then up from some vintage bed sheets from my linin closet (still don't know where some of them came from).  The nice thing about making my own aprons is that I can make the tie nice and long and wide so they don't cut into your waist, make big pockets, and most important is get enough coverage on the boobage.



My blue one here was also made from some more random bed sheets.  It's reversable, I thought that would be kinda cool and wasn't any more work then if it was one sided.





I started by drafting my self  out a pattern, then laid it out on my "fabric" and cut it out. The pockets are the pieces cut from the neck opening of the apron, so there nice and big.














Then I stitched my pockets on to the fronts.  Bound the whole thing together with some of my home made bias tape.







And voila one reversable apron!
















No comments:

Post a Comment